For Schools, Libraries, Festivals,Organizations, Camps & Beyond
. . .. a professional Atlanta-based Storyteller, Educator, Actor and Writer who has been delighting audiences and inspiring students for more than three decades. He brings a vibrant honesty and caring playfulness to performances, workshops, residencies and scripts. A graduate of Harvard University with an M.F.A. in Theatre from the University of San Diego, Barry has acted on stages across the country; told tales to thousands in festivals, libraries, schools, camps, and beyond; led classes, workshops and residencies with groups of all ages and backgrounds,
"During the current pandemic, I hope everyone is staying healthy and safe. I am available for live (under the right circumstances) and virtual engagements: I am prepared for synchronous livestreamed presentations and interactive classes and workshops, and my programs are available in customized, pre-recorded versions Contact me to discuss options and your particular needs."
Teaching and Performing Artist rosters of:
- Alliance Theatre / Georgia Wolf Trap
- Fulton County Schools' Teaching Museum
- ArtsNow Learning
- Georgia Council for the Arts
- ArtsAccess at the Caine College of the Arts, Utah State University
- Dream On Productions, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Lesley University, M. Ed. in Creative Arts in Learning
- Actors Equity Association
- National Storytelling Network
- Southern Order of Storytellers
- Red Internacional de Cuentacuentos
- Alternate R.O.O.T.S.
Past Partner Organizations:
- Atlanta Partnership for Arts in Learning
- Young Audiences of Atlanta
- Old Globe Theatre
- California Playwrights Project
- San Diego Institute for Arts in Learning
- "Recess" Public Radio Program, WUFT, University of Florida.
"You took us into all the different times of Shakespeare's plays. Strange things happened back then in those days! You had a whole bunch of ways to show people plays are really cool!"
"Truly enchanting! You kept everybody's attention the entire time. We owe it to our children to give them experiences like this."
"Your performances today were outstanding! I was so impressed at the depth of information presented in so many varied manners. You succeeded hands down!"
"Thank you for the integrity, fun, creativity and care you put into all of your work. We in the library world definitely appreciate it."
Do you have questions about any of the programs I offer? Are you interested in collaborating to customize an experience to fit your particular needs? Send me a message, and I will get back to you soon.